Tuesday, February 1, 2011

January - Not Just a Half Marathon

So January has come and gone and that means it's one month closer to spring! And as I write this in the midst of blizzard my yearning for warmer weather couldn't be greater. Not only did January give me a fun, warm half marathon, it also marked my return to more consistent SBR training. I got in the pool more, and spent a lot of time on the bike while I was resting my shin splits. All things considered it ended up being a pretty solid month for January.

Bike:18h 46m - 362.43 Mi
Run:4h 51m 09s - 36.83 Mi
Swim:8h 14m 24s - 25300 Yd

Now Ironman training is underway and I expect all of those numbers to continue to climb from here on out. I'm taking a little bit of a break from running to ensure my hip cooperates, but should be good to go after that. The long winter break from training has left me refreshed and recharged and I'm looking forward to tackling this challenge again. Now if only the weather would cooperate.....

No comments:

Post a Comment