Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Test Run = FAIL

So I have been harboring a hip injury for the last two weeks or so. I'm not sure what it is, but being the stubborn person that I am I decided to try and treat it with my normal course of action: copious amounts of rest. Well, maybe not copious, but I did go twelve days without running and that has to be some sort of record for me. In the meantime I have been able to walk, bike, swim, and lift my lower body (ie squats, lunges, etc.) without pain. So I thought hey, why not give a light jog a shot.

I made it through the first mile with little discomfort, but after that it seemed to escalate. No sharp, shooting pains like before, but definitely not something I would want to contend with for multiple miles. Grrrrr!

It appears I'm probably contending with an actual injury. That means getting an actual diagnosis from a doctor. Looks like I'll have to overcome my proclivity to avoiding doctors. I guess at this point all I really want to know is what is going on, how to treat it, and just how dang long I'm going have to go without running. Is that too much to ask?

In the meantime, back to the pool. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment