Sunday, March 7, 2010

First brick

Well today I did my first brick of the season. Now I don't incorporate a lot of brick sessions into my training. I am one of those fortunate people who can run really well off the bike so my main focus is to usually get in quality workouts of each individual sport. But when your tri group is doing a brick workout you might as well play along. Besides, it's the first week of March and with Alcatraz only 8 weeks away a brick can be a good indicator where my fitness is at right now.

I did my morning workouts on my own (1:20 on the trainer and a 2500 yd swim) so I didn't arrive at the group workout particularly fresh. We met at the local bike shop and set up our trainers inside so I got to drool over several bikes as we rode. The ride was about an hour and fifteen minutes with several sprint and force intervals interspersed throughout.

After that we hit the road for a nice 3.5 mile jaunt. My legs felt fine throughout and our pace was fairly quick, a 7:30 pace. All in all I am pretty happy with the workout. My cycling and running fitness are definitely coming back. I didn't even feel the need to throw on the recovery tights afterward!

No comments:

Post a Comment