Wednesday, May 12, 2010

T-minus 1 Month!

Holy smokes! It's May 12th already and I just realized I have my one and only HIM of the year coming up in exactly one month. Do I feel prepared for it? Heck no!

Of course I have the usual propensity for self doubt as much as the next person when in reality I'm probably sitting pretty good. I am feeling very confident in the running and swimming department right now, but I know my bike miles are lacking. I can count on one hand the number of 50+ mile rides I've gotten in and when I compare that to how many I had gotten in at this point last year that makes me a little nervous. A good solid bike leg that get's me to the run with semi-fresh legs is key to having a good run.

So the next two weeks are key for me. Anything after that won't do me much good to get ready for the race. So the plan is to get in as many bikes miles as possible, with a couple of long rides of 60-70 miles thrown in there. First the weather needs to cooperate. Rain, cold, and wind have caused me to wuss out and hit the trainer the last few days. I haven't been outdoors on a bike since Alcatraz. It looks things are finally going to take a turn for the better just in time for the weekend so I shall be spending a lot of time on the road. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment