Monday, January 4, 2010

Bye Bye 2009

So I realize I probably should have made this post on the first of the month/year/decade but I figure I'm getting it in there before the first week is up so that's got to count for something right?

2009 has come and gone and a lot of good things transpired in that year. I won't go into details on the race season since I did that a few post back. Instead we'll just take a peak at my training numbers and then head forward.

So here they are:

2009 totals
Bike:192h 20m 12s - 3612.89 Mi
Run:134h 27m 59s - 1029.57 Mi
Swim:108h 41m 26s - 318543.2 Yd

I could do some fancy mathematical comparisons about how biked across the US or how I ran from here to Utah, but I'm half watching the Fiesta bowl, half napping, and half surfing the internet. Yeah, I wouldn't trust my math now either ;)

But looking ahead there are some new and interesting things on the horizon. Before I even get to the tri season I've got to make sure that I am healthy. This is definitely a new facet to my training that will require extreme patience on my part. I am slowly easing back into into running this week and am cautiously optimistic that things are going to get better.

Next up, will be a unique experience out in San Francisco with the Escape from Alcatraz triathlon. This might be a once in a lifetime shot at this race so I might as well make the most of it and enjoy it.

Then of course there is that little Ironman race at the end of the year. I'm really looking forward to training for and racing that puppy.

Yeah, I think its safe to say that 2010 is going to be an exciting year for sure

1 comment: